I found a list on Facebook, and it’s scary how accurate it is: 20 Secrets No One Tells You About Running.
Here are a few of the things that I found especially true.
- Sometimes, other runners won’t say “” to you when you run by them.
This is very common in Las Vegas. I’ve been running long enough to figure out the type of people that say hi and the type of people that don’t. Usually it’s the friendly old people that do. I love those people 🙂
- Running is expensive. It’s not just about a pair of shoes and shorts and a top. There are race entries, massages, watches, sports bras, cute running skirts, gels, blocks and recovery stuff.
Running is much more expensive than people think. I need to buy new shoes every 3 months or so. Plus, race entries are killer! Luckily I’m not a girl though. My running apparel doesn’t cost much 🙂
- You will get addicted. Yes, there are worse things than running to obsess over (like meth and prostitutes), but you might be surprised by how hooked you get into the whole running thing once you start.
As I’ve mentioned several times before, running is addictive. It’s the endorphins I swear!!
- Farts happen. A lot.
I won’t go into detail on this one 😉
- You will never forget crossing the finish line of your first marathon or half marathon. That moment in time will come to mean a lot to you. Your feet might not even touch the ground.
I will never forget finishing the America’s Finest City half. It was such a new experience for me. The feeling I got after finishing this race (my first half) was the best feeling in the world!
You can view the entire list here.
I started out the morning with a beautiful 12 mile run. The only downsides to the run were having to stop to remove a rock from my shoe (I swear rocks always seem to end up in my shoes!) and some slight wind. Other than that it was amazing!
A big bowl of oats and some eggs made a delicious post run meal. Oh, and don’t forget the coffee!
This morning my dad brewed the Einsteins Winter Blend. We’ve been rationing it since Christmas. It has to last us until next winter, that’s the only time you can buy it! I swear this is the best coffee I’ve ever had.
I got my core exercise in with some CxWorx. Then I made a Trader Joe’s run for the essentials. The fridge must always be stocked with Ezekiel Bread, almond butter, turkey burgers, and yogurt!
For dinner, the madre busted out the crock pot and made some delicious turkey lasagna! Us Teels love our crock pot meals. They are perfect for busy families like ours! She used this recipe. I had a spinach salad and some french bread on the side (Albertson’s French Bread is THE BEST. I could eat a whole loaf. Especially after a long run. CARBS CARBS CARBS!!!)
I hope everyone had an amazing end to their week and got to enjoy the beautiful weather!
This week’s workouts:
- Monday: 6 mi run, BodyPump, CxWorx
- Tuesday: 6 mi run, BodyPump
- Wednesday: 30 min HIIT class, CxWorx, BodyAttack
- Thursday: Off
- Friday: 6 mi run
- Saturday: BodyPump, Cycling, CxWorx, hike
- Sunday: 12 mi run, CxWorx
Total Mileage: 30 miles
How about you?
- Can you think of anything else that only runners would understand?
- Are you a coffee drinker? What’s your favorite type of coffee? (Dark roasts are usually my favorite, but this Einstein’s medium roast is amazing!)
- What are some foods that you must always be stocked up on?